This course is the e-Learning edition of the standard Aegis De-escalation Training (Sections 1-3 of The Aegis System™). This course does not cover the Physical Intervention Training component of Aegis (Section 4 classroom, Escapes, and Aegis Holds). There is no online learning solution that meets the performance-based standards of staff certification in any physical Aegis technique.
The eLearning course may stand alone as a full De-escalation Training for any staff or fit into a blended learning offering that compliments in-person physical skills training by certified Aegis Trainers. Guidelines and Training Scripts for this blended learning option are now available on the Aegis Client Portal.
Benefits of online learning
- Easy to schedule training
- No more coordinating schedules
- Self-paced learning
- 24/7 access to training material
- Double or quadruple the amount of Staff Training and Certifications within the same amount of time
- Eliminate the cost of travel
- Can be used as stand-alone training or blended with in person learning
The Aegis System™ Non-Physical Crisis De-escalation Online Course Content
The online course covers Sections 1-3 of The Aegis System™. This is the same De-escalation material that would be presented in-person by an Aegis Trainer.
Once enrolled, each staff is given their own unique login to the online course and can access the content whenever. Staff can revisit any of the learning material, at any time, after completing the course.
The course is designed around a series of short video segments arranged in a micro-learning fashion. A course progression feature ensures the transfer of learning. Students demonstrate their grasp of the concepts by passing a series of quizzes placed throughout the course.
Online Training Course Content
- System Introduction – 7 topics, 3 quizzes
- Staff Empowerment – 6 topics, 3 quizzes
- Non-Verbal Acuity – 9 topics, 3 quizzes
- Verbal De-escalation & Rapport – 13 topics, 6 quizzes
- Closing video
The initial online course is completed in under 6 hours in total. The course is self-guided and self-paced. Users can stop the course at any time and resume where they left off.
Once students complete training they’ll be prepared to handle escalated behaviors confidently and effectively.
A certificate is produced upon completion of the course. Users will re-certify annually either online or in person.
Organizations see dramatic decreases in the number of incidents and injuries to staff, clients, and patients after completing training.
Initial Aegis Online De-escalation Course: $59.99 per user.
Aegis Refresher Online De-escalation Course: $34.99 per user
Seats may be purchased individually or group leaders can easily enroll and manage learning for their staff.
Organizations that have certified Aegis Trainers on staff receive a 30% discount. Trainers will receive a coupon code upon request to be used at checkout.
Please contact Aegis for sliding-scale pricing for 150 seats or more. Aegis has identical SCORM files ready to go that can be uploaded to your LMS.
* Please note, that this course does not cover the Physical Intervention Training component of Aegis (Escapes and Aegis Holds). There is no online learning solution that meets the performance-based standards of staff certification in any physical Aegis technique. If your employees need to learn safe physical techniques, we recommend an in person course. Review the course content to learn more or contact us. We’ll be happy to help plan a strategy that’s right for your staff.