aegis noun /ējis/
1) The power to protect or support a person or organization
Aegis Training Solutions incorporated in 2013 to deliver The Aegis System™ across the United States and abroad. Aegis is a national training provider with headquarters in Michigan and offices in Salt Lake City, UT. The company is powered by a team with decades of experience mitigating crisis in a variety of clinical settings. The System was built around an overwhelming demand for new answers and better solutions. The strategic aim is to create a new standard in safety and best practice.
Aegis meets client demand by providing regular public and private trainings in various locations across the country. Aegis has maintained absolute focus on Mental/Behavioral Healthcare and is widely used in traditional healthcare settings. This focus serves as a common thread across every professional engagement. As a nationally recognized vendor, Aegis aligns with all state, federal and private guidelines and standards.
As a firm, Aegis is humbled by the weight of its client engagements. A sacred trust is forged as organizations lean on Aegis training and consulting to maintain their safety climate. Training is leveraged to make a positive impact by:
- Drawing focus on supporting staff at point of care
- Utilizing tangible, proven, evidence based tools to de-escalate crisis
- Providing a systems approach to encourage early intervention and prevention
- Creating a platform to positively impact organizational culture
- Empowering staff to remain calm under duress
- Translating training into effective policy and procedure
- Increasing staff retention and performance
- Safeguarding against the possibility of a sentinel event
- Coaching staff on how to report and document incidents
- Eliminating the use of dangerous techniques, such as prone floor restraints